Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reynolds 9-28-10

I looked at Hyper-X Blog art exhibition, an on-line gallery founded in 1995. I entered Blog Art and clicked on Triptych. TV. http://triptych.tv/

It’s a very frenetic collage of flashing images and graphics, bits and pieces of Andy Wharhol, TV icons such as Mr. T, Telletubbies, and lots of skulls and assorted voices. The blaring sounds paired with the pictures reminded me of a mixture of very obnoxious video game noises. I thought about the name Triptych.TV. I knew the word triptych meant three and this net art included all of the following: “A set of three associated artistic, literary, or musical works intended to be appreciated together.” I thought the art was very hypnotic and chaotic. After downloading, I had to keep reminding myself to breathe.

http://www.altx.com/hyperx/paths.htm In comparison, Randon Paths by Jody Zellen was on the opposite end of the spectrum of Triptych.TV. It was quite simplicity and I liked how she arranged the photographs and text of her “Roman Holiday.” It’s interactive, you click on the text and the art changes. Or, when you drag the mouse over her sheet of photographs the pictures switch.

http://www.loshadka.org/wp/Loshadka’s Blog had an interesting video dated August 2010. Set to game show type music, I watched a pony chasing and playing with a ball. No words were needed. He had a lot of movement in his net art.

http://www.screenfull.net/stadium/ I opened Screenful to find a black screen and small question mark in the center. It was as crazy and repetitious as Triptych.TV. It screamed of chaos, mayhem, and turmoil. Scrolling down you find a skeleton face against rippling vertical colors, frantic music, and someone yelling obscenities in the background. Behind the skeleton it looked like a Mickey Mouse mosaic. I clicked #screen press and noticed that people could blog their responses.

http://404.jodi.org/ I recognized the net art on Blogroll as it was tied to the JODI website, where the artist’s used the computer as a tool to create art as well as the medium to show it within the network. Click on “sign out” and it pulls up 405 against a yellow background, click on 405 and rows of numbers pop up.

ThruYou takes clips of musicians the “author” relates to and reintroduces them as a mix of “unrelated YouTube video clips.” ThruYou is a collage of both video and music. I have always been attracted to remixes of people talking and or music combined to create a new piece of ‘art.’ As you let this site play it becomes even more eclectic and mesmerizing. I especially like ‘02. This is What It Became’ because of its’ Reggie feel.

Liz Filardi’s project called ‘Facetbook’ caught my eye immediately because of the similarity to the word ‘Facebook.’ I thought that it was intriguing that Professor Amerika would ask us to visit this already familiar site. I was taken back and even more eager to find out what Facetbook was about. Her quote “I’m Not Stalking You; I’m Socializing” was a very interesting stance to take on the current issues of Facebook ‘stalking.’ In general, I have a dual thoughts about Facebook, but regardless of my own viewpoints on ‘stalking,’ I liked that she had a viewpoint I have never heard of or come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment